Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Life Lessons I've Learned from my Dog

If you know me at all, you know I absolutely love and adore my puppy. I was just realizing how much he's taught me in the last three months.

1. He makes me take time to relax.
Most of the time I can't just sit and watch TV or veg, I feel guilty for not getting things done. But Stokley makes me take time out to play with him, sit outside and watch him chase birds, or just pet him.

2. He keeps me from over commiting myself.
I can't get too busy when I have to come home and let a dog out and feed him. Not to mention that I feel guilty leaving him locked in a room for hours at a time.

3. He reminds me that relationships are more important than getting the dished done.
Who can resist those cute little puppy eyes that say "Would you play with me?"

4. He reminds me that naps are much for fun when you have someone to cuddle with.

5. He motivates me to exercise.
I tend to care more about his health than mine, but he can't walk himself.

Bet you didn't think you can learn anything from a dog!

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

Aren't dogs great?! Everyone should have one! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger