Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Small Group 2

I've been for the last several months that Joel and I should be doing more to help people at Riverview get connected. Riverview really became our home after we were able to get involved, make friends, and have a deep sense of community. I just wanted others to experience that same feeling ---- which many of them are longing to have.

At first, I thought we should do that through our small group --- continue to open it up for new couples to join - which our small group has been doing. I didn't really know how else to go about it, except through our small group and Together activities.

Then we went to Mexico and made some amazing friends who are a bit younger than Joel and I, and mostly single. We've hung out with them quite a few time since Mexico and our friendships have strengthened. Many of them are desiring to be connected at Riverview and have their own "Riverview family." So Joel and I are going to have a small group with them.

We're definitely not replacing our small group ----- that is our place to do and be feed and be ministered to. We'd never want to give our small group. We just feel that we should be pouring into others lives. Our new small group (I call it small group 2) will be meeting twice a month on Sundays after church for lunch, fellowship and growth. I'm really excited about it and I think the others in the group are too.

We start Sept. 24th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger