Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Amazing Kindness

Thursday night we had small group and discussed Donald Miller's book Searching for God Knows What. The chapter we talked about most dealt with Jesus and some of his attributes --- one of which was kindness. Then I went to work on Friday. I went in and checked my mailbox where I found an envelope labeled "For the Baby." I went ahead and opened it. I was totally shocked by its contents! It contained a check for $50! Now that would be a generous gift no matter who it was from, but it was from a woman from Africa who has been taking classes in the math lab for about two years. She's someone that I do not see on a regular basis, have never had in an actual class and who doesn't even know my last name! I was totally blown away! What an example of the type of kindness that Jesus portrayed.

Thanks Elizabeth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger