Wendy D. Smith

Monday, July 02, 2007

It's July already......

Wow! The summer is about half way gone and I feel like it has just begun. Here's a summary of the past month and a half:

1. May 20-21st --- spent some time in Indiana with my parents, Tony, Jennifer and Olivia for Olivia's second birthday. (I'll post some pictures later --- my CD isn't working right now.)

2. Memorial Day Weekend --- had a cookout at our house with Joel's parents, Molly, Myron and Betsy and our friends Ryan, Rachael and Andrew. And began painting our new spare bedroom downstairs.

3. June 2-3 --- traveled back down to Indiana for my first baby shower (again I'll post pictures later). Jake got some great things --- stroller, car seat, highchair, bedding, exersaucer, clothes and much much more!

Oops --- I forgot to mention in here that I started back to work for the summer session at LCC. I'm teaching one class and working 6 hours in the lab.

4. June 8 --- My parents came up and brought the rest of my shower gifts along with a glider to go in Jake's room.

5. June 17-22 : Kids Kamp week ---- This year I didn't help out as much with Kids Kamp. Instead of running the evening kamp like I've done the past two years, I was in charge of registration and the guides --- a much lighter task. However, I still needed to be at both morning and evening kamps most days. In the midst of this week, Joel was able to finish painting the spare bedroom and move all the furniture downstairs. I'm actually kind of jealous of our guests --- the room is really cool!

6. June 23-24: Joel and I headed down to Indiana for a second shower for Jake with all of Joel's family. Again we were showered with many wonderful gifts --- blankets, clothes, books and more!

7. June 25: A friend from church, Eric Craft, installed my new dishwasher and pantry cabinets! Woohoooo!!! No more wasting time doing dishes!
PS: Eric did a great job and cleaned up everything --- he even moved and cleaned under my fridge (which he totally didn't have to do). I'd recommend him for any construction needs at your home!

8. June 28-29: My mom came to visit. She cleaned my house for me on Thursday then we went shopping at Birch Run Outlet mall on Friday. Jake got so many new clothes since both Osh Kosh and Carters were having major sales --- almost everything was $5.

9. June 30: Joel, I and the puppies headed down to Winchester, IN for the day to see Joel's gramma who is in her last struggles with a brain tumor. We were thankful that we decided to go down for the day since Joel's dad went to the ER with chest pains. (see Karen's blog for more details.)

Whew ---- maybe that's why the summer seems to have gone so fast! Now it's July and only 9 more weeks until Jakes comes! I'm getting really anxious to be able to hold the little guy. I can't wait see what color eyes and hair he has, to hold his little hands and rub his little feet. At night I like to go in his room and rearrange his clothes or unpackage something new.

I think that gives a pretty comprehensive update on the past month of my life and the reasons for my lack of posts. I'll try and be better --- and post some pictures soon!

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger jess said...

girl you have been so busy! I am glad to hear all baby preperations are going well. I saw some pics on Karen's blog of you and you are too cute! I hope Joel's dad is doing ok.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy! Where are the photos of the cute pregnant lady? I miss you! So excited for you, Joel and Jake. I'll be thinking and praying for you over these next few months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger