Wendy D. Smith

Monday, February 21, 2005

Will this sickness ever end??

Since the beginning of February, it seems, I've been fighting a cold/cough/sore throat that just will not go away. I feel good one day and the next I feel absolutely rotten. Today is one of those rotten days.
I'm kind of in a bummer of a mood. I'm ready to feel good and have several days to relax. We just came off a weekend, but it was so jammed packed with meetings, chores and work that I didn't get a chance to slow down and relax and rest. Perhaps I need to take a couple of days off. But then there's the delemma --- If I take time off to relax, I know myself and I won't relax. I'll sit on the couch for an hour and then start feeling guilty about all the stuff that I should be accomplishing during that time. I'd probably end up working harder than if I just had went on with all my scheduled activities.
Ok, so enought whining about me.
Joel and I just finished watching the movie Mystic River. I haven't left a movie feeling so depressed and down for a long time. Such a sad and broken movie. After the movie we started talking about how we like to watch movies. Joel likes to be totally focused on the movie, and pauses for any slight distractions. I'm finding lately that I really don't enjoy watching movies that much. I don't like the stressful feelings they bring on while I watch, or all the emotions that I'm left with when their over. They've stopped being entertainment. I think I'd rather just listen to a good ole' Dean Martin CD of upbeat songs.
Wow -- this is such a random, chaotic message, but now I must go off to work!

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so sorry you're still feeling bad...do you have antibiotics? I sure hope you get your strength back soon. We're very happy about your offer from the math lab! We're very proud of you and are so glad you're a part of our family!
We love you...John and Karen

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

I can sympathize, sis, only I'm obviously feeling a different kind of icky for different reasons. But I have that same feeling of "Can't I just feel good again?!" Here's to us both getting back to feeling normal again soon! Love you!

Molly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger