Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I see sand dollars in my sleep

The Tuesday before Christmas, with the help of my friend Deb, I started painting my kitchen, living room and hallway. Before Joel and I left for Christmas on Thursday, I got the kitchen completed, and the living room mostly done, except for the touch ups on the stripes. (In the living room I painted twelve inch stripes of the same color but in satin and flat, because you know from the rest of my house that I can't just paint a room one color). I finally finished the living room today -- painting over those pencil marks for the lines was much more difficult than I envisioned. Now all that is left is the second coat in the hallway. I'll be soo.. glad when it is done. Then the upstairs will be completely painted! Oh, the color I used was called sand dollar.

Joel and I had a very relaxing time in Houston. It was so nice to see blue skies with no clouds! How I miss the sun! Olivia is absolutely wonderful! She smiles and laughs more than any other 7 month old that I know. Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted soon. By then end of our time there, she would actually reach for Joel or I to hold her, which is very exciting for me since this is only the second time I've gotten to see her. I really hate being far away from her, and of course Tony and Jennifer too.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you have a great time in Houston! I can't wait to see your new home decor...post some photos if you get time! I added some to my blog tonight. We miss you and love you! Karen

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you HAD a good time in Texas...it's getting late and I couldn't spell in my last comment! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger