Wendy D. Smith

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

6 Weeks and counting

Wow! I just can't believe that in about 6 weeks Jake will be here. He's moving so much.... kicking and stretching. I'm getting very eager to see what color hair and eyes he has and just who he resembles.

Our house is pretty much taken over with baby stuff.... high chair, two car seats, a stroller, a pack-n-play, bouncy seat, swing, rocker, exersaucer, not to mention tons of way too cute clothes and little teeny tiny socks.

I've spend a lot of time this week starting to make sure that I have everything that I need for myself when Jake comes. Moms -- if you have any suggestions of little things that you needed/wanted in those first few weeks, let me know.

I visited the doctor today. My belly is measuring exactly where it should be for 34 weeks and Jake's heart rate is about 150 --- which it has been throughout the whole pregnancy. Anyone have any bets on when if I'll go early, late or right on time? I should start a poll of when people think I'll give birth!

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

We are counting the days too! We can't wait to meet Jake and give him lots of Grandma and Grandpa hugs and kisses! I'm picking Sept. 2 as your big day! Lots of love...Karen

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Josh Brown said...

If you are breastfeeding---you'll definitely want a breast pump--I couldn't have gotten my supply up without it.
Gas drops for the baby, Dreft laundry detergent,
Ice packs for you! (if you have a normal delivery)
Word of advice: Take the drugs (vicodin) your OB offers. You'll be so glad you did---and if you are breastfeeding Jake will sleep more in the beginning! Its safe for him--I promise
:-) Good luck!
Being a mommy is wonderful. And I love having a little boy.
E-mail if you have any questions I could answer! kabrown_81@yahoo.com
-Kim Brown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger