Wendy D. Smith

Monday, October 08, 2007

Jake doesn't like to sleep on his back flat, so he's been sleeping in his bouncy seat. I've been trying to teach him to sleep on his back little by little. So today I propped several blankets under one end of his crib mattress and put him down for his nap. I went back about 10 minutes later and he had totally rolled to one side of the crib and was sleeping on his side. I thought to myself, "Is he supposed to be able to roll completely onto his side already?" Hmmm.... perhaps he'll be rolling over soon and then will be able to sleep on his tummy-- where he's most happy.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

Betsy was exactly the same way! She slept in her bouncy seat until she was almost 5 months old!
One thing we found that worked was a sleep positioner that allowed us to prop her on her side a bit and also made her feel secure because she was all cuddled up on all sides. I'd give you ours, but I think it's packed in the storage unit. :( They aren't very expensive though and it really helped Betsy. We used it for a long time.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Actually, last night we made a break through! He slept all night on his back in the crib. So hopefully he'll do just as well tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger