Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jake's second doctor's visit

Jake went to the doctor yesterday. He did great the whole time --- never cried! He now weighs 9lbs 4 oz --- up 12 oz from last week and is 22 1/2 inches long. I can't believe that in one week he gained 3/4 lb and grew 1/2 inch. It just reminds me that he won't stay little long!

This week I've been working on getting Jake to sleep on his back flat in his crib and trying to help him learn to sleep on his own. I had one successful attempt yesterday. I laid him down still a bit drowsy in his crib and he was able to lay there, look around and be content until he fell asleep. Today I was also able to get him to put himself to sleep both in his bouncy seat and his crib. However, I wasn't so lucky last night! About 2am I put him in his bouncy seat after he finished eating and he slept for about 1/2 hour. When he started to cry, I picked him up, put him on my shoulder and he immediately stopped crying. So I went out and laid in the recliner with him --- we both feel sound asleep until 5am! But at least we're making progress during the day!

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. He is absolutely perfect and adorable. I am so extremely happy for you. I might even cry! Congrats again. I hope you are enjoying counting and playing with those ten little toes!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Hyser Family said...

As hard as we tried, for the 9-10 months of her life K was a belly sleeper. It about drove Tony the chiropractor nuts. :) Back is the best, but you know... a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do. :) K would even wriggle to the bottom of the sleep positioner until she could turn onto her belly. We finally gave up. :)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

Wow...you are so smart to be trying that now. I didn't and Betsy didn't fall asleep on her own until this spring!! Way to go...it's not easy, but it will be worth it! Give him smoochies from Auntie Molly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger