Wendy D. Smith

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Love is really Patient

After my little emotional episode on Friday night, God granted me my wish. I woke up about 1am, went to the bathroom and felt a little "pop". Without feeling any contractions, my water broke and Joel and I were on the way to the hospital by 1:30. When we checked in, my contractions were right on top of each other and very strong. I was dilated to 3. So they moved me into a room and soon I had my epidural (I totally recommend them). I feel asleep and the next thing I knew the doctor was checking me and I was ready to push. 1 1/2 hours later at 8:40 am, Jake William Smith came into the world weighing 8 lbs 14 1/4 oz and measuring 22 inches long. (I knew he was going to be long when I heard them say the head had crowned and I could still feel his feet in my ribs.) We are all doing quite well and at home now!

5 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Hyser Family said...

He's here! And so adorable. Congrats guys! Sending wishes for lots of sleep... :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Free In Christ said...

He is a beautiful baby. Congratulations.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger jess said...

How wonderul!! Glad things went well and that your at home with baby Jake - enjoy every minute!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, Jess just relayed the wonderful news! He is beautiful and I love his name. Congratulations to you both.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

Oh, he is so sweet. Auntie Molly loves you baby Jake!

(We saw someone else's new baby today and Betsy piped up and said, "Baby Jake come out of tummy!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger