Wendy D. Smith

Friday, June 24, 2005

Employee of the Year Award

I hurried home from church yesterday morning because I had to be to work at 1, so I needed to let Stokley out and feed him and leave by 12:30. I got to work on time and started helping students. I had been working about 20 minutes when someone came up to me and said "Are you subbing for someone today?". "Why, do you ask that?" I replied, thinking that I was on the schedule as an extra. "Because you aren't on the schedule" the person replied. "But I'm an extra." "There are no extras scheduled today."
I had somehow written on my calendar and my day planner that I was supposed to work from 1-2 as an extra, but I wasn't. ARR... I went into work early for nothing!
However, by going in early, I was able to witness a harsh arguement between the husband of one of our students and the department chair. Public Safety ended up being called to take away the man. It was quite interesting to say the least.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...you're just too conscientious! Going to work when you don't have to! That's what makes you so sweet...you always go the extra mile. Love you...Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger