Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Break is Over

On Monday I must re-enter the working world. My three week Christmas break is over. So sad... But the last two days have been wonderful! On Friday, neighbor and friend, Leah and I went out for breakfast at Sophie's Kitchen in Grand Ledge. (Great breakfast place.) As we were sitting there talking, I asked her if she liked to do "crafty" things, like paint-your-own-pottery. So on the spur of the moment, we decided that we'd go. This is what I made!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's a lot of fun and a pretty cheap afternoon of fun. Then Joel took me out to dinner and we bought some new movies to watch. Whenever we walk into Blockbuster, I always know that we are never going to rent movies. Joel always ends up buying the 3 for $25 previewed movies. We came home with StarWars III, Vanity Fair, and Batman Begins. We watch Batman Begins last night -- and I actually enjoyed it and stayed awake for the whole thing! That's a big feat for me!

Today, I woke up somewhat early due to my sniffles. But I decided to relax and went downstairs and watched Vanity Fair while cutting out patterns of cowboy hats for RivKids. Then Joel and I spent the rest of the day lounging, watching TV, taking naps and just enjoying a gray Saturday. It was a great way to end the break.

Because I've been so bad a blogging,I'm finally getting to posting pictures of my cute niece Olivia who we visited in Texas over Christmas!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...I'm happy you had such a nice relaxing break. The pics of Olivia are priceless! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Very cute pics of Olivia!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger