Wendy D. Smith

Monday, March 27, 2006

What would Jesus Do?

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. LCC faculty have been working without a new contract since July 2005. Negotiations have been going on for about 15 months and no real progress has been made. So the union is considering a strike in mid-April if things do not progress. I'm really struggling with the thought of striking. I feel that is very unfair to my students who are faithfully coming to class and have paid for the class. Many of my students are full time students who work full time jobs. They work hard to pay for their classes. So I feel it is unfair for me not to teach them and to not be faithful to them. However, I think the administration is being unfair to its employees.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger