Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Absence

Sorry about my blogging disappearance for the last couple of weeks. My life has been consumed with our trip to NYC and then Kids Kamp Fiesta. However that is all over!

NYC was great! I spent most of my time shopping --- my favorite past time. I was even able to find a great linen skirt on 5th Avenue for only $10! But my favorite purchase of the week was the matching ring and bracelet that Joel bought me from Tiffany & Co. Hmmm…. it’s gorgeous! It’s also both my anniversary and birthday present. After Joel finished his conference, we spent time in Central Park, Empire State Building, Ground Zero, the Stanton Island Ferry, and walking around the Financial District.

I’ve decided that NYC is a great place for a girls’ weekend away. Fly in on Friday, shop Friday and Saturday and fly out late on Saturday night or early on Sunday. So girls, let me know when you want to get away!

We had about 300 kids go through Kids Kamp (our version of VBS) and Sports Kamp. Although the week left me tired, it was an amazing week. The kids really learned how Jesus is their Friend, Life, Leader, Savior and Helper (VIVA). If you don’t know what the VIVA means, ask one of the kids who went to kids kamp --- they’ll tell you. Friday night we had a closing ceremony and a picnic with a moon walk, snow cones and other fun stuff for the kids. It was so awesome to see about 200 kids up on stage singing their hearts out and doing the motions to songs they had learned throughout the week. I also had a chance to talk with some parents who brought their kids to Riverview for the first time for Kids Kamp. It was great to make a connection with them and I hope that we’ll start seeing them on a regular basis.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids camp was awesome...we all had a fun week...You and tricia did a spectacular job!! Lisa O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger