Wendy D. Smith

Sunday, May 14, 2006

What's Up?

I started out this week with a blast! I spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday down in Indiana with my Mom, Jennifer and Olivia. We had a great time playing Olivia, teaching her to do SO BIG and other fun things. I found that Olivia and I share a common passion --- mashed potatoes! She actually loves them just as much as I do. We also both really love Stokley. Olivia was not afraid of him at all! She constantly would give him hugs and kisses and let him lick her face --- in fact she would stick her face in his to get some kisses. I also got to spend some time with my Gramma who just lost her husband. We went through his clothes, went out to brunch and did some shopping!

Once I got back to Michigan, I got into Kids Kamp mode --- which is only one month away (freak out!). Anyone want to help the week of June 18-23?

On Saturday, while Joel was at the church working on worship stuff, Tricia, Susan and I went garage saling. It's been a long time since I've done that, but we had a fun time -- even though it was raining!

Next time you see Joel, make sure you give him what my dad would call an "atta boy". He's been spending 3-6 hours a day studying for his actuary exam which is this Thursday. Today he took a practice exam (40 questions in 4 hours.) When he graded it, he got a score that would have been a passing score! Hopefully that will play out the same way on Thursday. If you think of him during the hours of 8am to 12, please pray for him!

Oh, by the way --- Happy Mother's Day!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...I'm so glad you and Stokley got to spend some quality time with your family! Tell Joel I'm really proud of his study efforts! I know they'll pay off. We missed you on Mothers' Day but hope to see you soon! Love...Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger