Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Reliving my Childhood

I've just spend the last several hours listening to 3-6 year old music, trying to make a CD of fun songs for the new large group teachers. I listened to Hip-Hip-Hooray (Hippopotamus) and many others about 10 times each so that I could type out the lyrics. But it brought me back to my childhood --- singing some of those same songs when I was a kid. I loved (and still do) the song Hip-Hip-Hooray (Hippopotamus). It was so weird, but as I was listening to it, I almost started to cry thinking about the little kids jumping up and down doing the motions and being so excited that God made fun and strange things like hippos. Everything I work with the kids, I am amazed by their "child-like" faith -- it's a good remind to not get caught up in all the semantics of our faith, but just to be so happy and excited that I have a God who loves me so much!
In the midst of doing all of this, Joel received a phone call from a dog shelter. His sister Molly had sent us some links to Newfoundland/lab mixes and Joel filled out an application. Turns out we are first in line for the male!! They aren't ready for visitors yet, but their supposed to call us next week to see if we want to set up a time to come see the puppy (and perhaps take him home!) I might have my Stokely sooner than I had thought!

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I hope you get your Stokely soon! You'll be a great mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger