Wendy D. Smith

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Odd Questions from the Doc

So I went to the doctor's yesterday to have my ingrown toenail checked out (yeah, I know it's really gross). It was my first appointment with the doctor, so I had to fill out tons of forms and got asked a lot of questions. First, I was suprised that they wanted me to pee in a cup just to get my toe checked out. Then when the doctor saw me, he asked about 150 questions about myself and my health history, some of which included:

What percentage of the time do you wear a seatbelt?
What is the health status of your parents (ok, that one has some merit).
Do you prefer men, women or both? (I was a little shocked at this one, but I replied men. Later I wished I would have said "a man, named Joel".)

So next time you visit the doctor for something small, such as a toe infection, be prepared to answer anything!

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

OK...that's just freaky! We got some of those questions at our first OB appt. too and it was nice to be able to say that we really didn't need testing for STDs since we'd only ever been with each other and only since our wedding! :) Being "old fashioned" has lots of benefits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger