Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, March 31, 2005

April is here

The gray rainy sky made me think "yes, April is here. Time for the April showers so we can have pretty lawns and flowers in the summer." What a good day to hang out inside. After Joel left for work, Stokley and I cuddled up in the recliner and he took a name on my lap while I read "Blue Like Jazz." We've continued to play and cuddle all morning.

Reading "Blue Like Jazz" reminded me of how much people want to be loved and how much they want to be cared about. One of the stories in the book discussed how she didn't think, if God were to meet her, that He would like her. What a sad thought. Because I have a relationship with God, I know that He loves me and accepts me. I know others don't view God the way I do, but it really hit me that there are people in the community around us that think that God wouldn't like them. Think about that for a while.

On Monday I was sitting in a panel for LCC on diversity. One instructor in the ESL program said that when her students came to class, she wanted them to feel like they were coming home. What an amazing mission statement. I have decided to adopt this phrase as my mission statement for my classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger