Wendy D. Smith

Sunday, April 17, 2005

A Strange Occurance at Meijer

Yesterday I went shopping at Meijer for some much needed grocieries. I finished my shopping quickly (because family was coming) and headed out the door. I put the groceries in the trunk, returned the cart, and sat in my car to put away the reciept and make sure I had marked everything off on my list. That's when the strangeness began. I heard a tap on my window -- which always puts me on alert. I turned to see an older gentleman in about his 70s. So I rolled down the window a bit and said a shy hello. He replied "I don't want to sound like a girty ol'e man, but I just had to tell you that the fragrance you are wearing is wonderful. I noticed it as you were walking up and down the aisles and I just had to tell you how beautiful you smell." I was a little shocked, but politely said thank you very much and he turned and walked away. I've had a lot of old men tell me that they like the color of my hair, but I've never been told that I smell really good.

Oh, and just in case any of you girls are wondering what fragrance I was wearing, it was Candies for Women. Perhaps you should try some and see if you can pick up any old timers!

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

LOL!!!
Wow, Joel better not let you wear that perfume when you go out anymore!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger K.Cray said...

Interesting, a little scary, but nothing out of the ordinary, Joel and Wendy have some crazy stories.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Looks like I'm going to have to lay out a geriatric beatdown! Stay away from my wife, Old Man River!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger