Wendy D. Smith

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A day of firsts for Stokley

Stokley lost his first puppy tooth today while chewing on my pant leg. So like a good mommy does, I have it saved in a plastic bag. I'm exciting he's loosing those sharp puppy teeth, then playing with him won't hurt so much!

While outside playing, Stokley had his first encounter with a toad. I found the toad in some leaves near the edge of our property, so I picked him up and took it over to show Stokley. Stokley was quite interested. I put the toad down (he was trembling) and Stokley wanted to knaw on the toad. I really didn't want Stokley to eat him or for the poor thing to die, so after a few seconds, I replaced to toad back into his pile of leaves. It was quite cute seeing them interact.

It was also Stokley's first day to go outside and play with out being on a leash. Since he knows the boundaries of our yard pretty well, I'm trying to let him off and train him to stay in the yard. He did pretty well today.

Tricia came over today and had lunch. We had a good talk and got to enjoy the wonderful weather. It's so nice to have awesome friends!

Now that I've waisted about 10 minutes at work, I think I'll get back to it.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

Wow...it's amazing that you actually found his tooth...usually they swallow it or otherwise use it. How cute that you saved it! :)

I remember Gideon's first encounter with a snake...he was too afraid of the loud hissing to gnaw on it though. Once again proving that Stokely is much braver than Gideon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger