Wendy D. Smith

Monday, April 11, 2005

A great weekend followed by a great Monday

What a wonderful weekend. Joel and I took it pretty easy this weekend. Friday night I went to bed early and caught up on some rest.

On Saturday, Joel and I purchased our first lawn mower and spent the afternoon outside cleaning up the back area of our backyard. Stokley loved it because he got to be outside all afternoon.

Joel lead worship on Sunday and after three services, we crashed.

On Sunday night, I finally found the time to give my friend Daneal a much needed call. She's one of the greatest friends in the world. I think we talked for over an hour catching up on our lives. We don't get to see each other much since she lives in Virgina. But it's so great to have friendships that are strong enough that we can go six months without talking and pick up the phone and still be best friends!

Today Stokley met a new friend. While we were on our walk, the great Pyrenees who lives caddy corner from us was out with his owner Leah. Leah and I talked for awhile as the puppies played and decided that we should let them play together more often. It was fun to meet a neighbor who really wants to have a neighbor relationship!

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Joel said...

I love you too! :)

That's cool that Stokley got to play with that massive polar bear-looking dog.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

Awww...Stokely has a neighborhood pal. And I'm sure they look quite cool playing together with all that black and white! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger