Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Emotional Rollercoaster

Here's a snapshot of the emotional rollercoaster life I've had this week.

1. Tricia and I were excited about a book on prayer we found at Gift and Bible. We wanted something to help us with the whole prayer discussion our small group has been having (see Joel's or JR's blog). On Tuesday, I looked the author up on line and found this about him

"In 1917, Reverend Kenneth E. Hagin's mother was expecting her third child. Her husband had left her alone, money and food were gone, and she was ill. Afraid she would lose the baby, she decided to ask her parents for help. As she walked to their home, Jesus appeared to her.

Jesus told her not to fear, that the baby would be born and grow up to take part in the revival that would usher in the Second Coming of the Son of Man. This was Reverend Kenneth E. Hagin's purpose. He would not be the only one, of course, but Brother Hagin would have a part in the last great move of God's Spirit.

The healing ministry that began in 1950, God's divine commission to "teach my people faith" and the founding of RHEMA Bible Training Center have all been steps along the path to fulfilling that purpose: ushering in the last great move of God's Spirit and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. "

Yeah, sounds like that really fits into my theology! Bummer #1

2. I go to work on Wednesday and a guy I work with (who is a full timer, so somewhat above me) askes to discuss a student with me. Usually this guy has nothing nice to say. Needless to say, I was pretty scared that I had messed up big time or something. But he ended up giving me an "atta boy". He had met with a student who had failed a test three times and had a review appointment with me. He said that she was really impressed with my and my ability to explain things to her. Even though she failed the test again, it was only because of small mistakes (sign errors,etc.) He even went on further to say that there has been much discussion with the department heads about instructors not doing a good job teaching and when that is discussed in the fall meeting, I can ignore all the comments. So that made me feel better. Yeah #1!

3. The garage called us back about my car. Here's the deal. The blue book value of my car is somewhere between $500 -$800 and it would cost about $1000 for a new transmission. But i've also got a lead in the head gasket (which means future engine problems) and I'll be needing new struts soon. SO, to keep my car it would cost about $3000 (guestimate). It's not really a good idea to drop $3000 into a car worth $500. So that means Joel and I are trying to find a way to buy a new car for me. In order to do so, we'd have to cut out cable and internet use and not put in a fence for Stokley this summer. (I guess this is where I need to trust God that he'll provide the funds for us.) BUMMER #2

4. I gave my finals last night and was up to 2 am grading them. I had to get up at 6 am this morning to be ready to go get my car before Joel had to be to work. I have a full day too, so no resting until 10 pm! RELIVING COLLEGE LIFE #1

5. The freshman girls on my hall that I was an RA off graduate this Saturday. Wow, do I miss them. I miss getting to pour myself into that may girls. I miss the late night talks. I miss them. SENTIMENTAT CRYING #1

Yeah, so that's my life right now.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Wow, you didn't tell me about the whole Kenneth Hagin thing. That's pretty funny, I have to say. ;)

Sorry about all the other crap with the car. We'll figure it out.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

So sorry to hear about the car situation. We have an '83 Volvo for sale. Just kidding. God will provide for you guys! Interesting how we were just talking about this kind of stuff yesterday.

I'm praying for you guys!

Love ya!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I was just telling Julie this morning about how I didn't have anything that I was struggling to have faith in. Hmm.... guess God wanted to knock me off my high horse!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

God is good at giving us what we ask for, huh?! ;)

Hey, if you guys get in a bind with only one car you can always borrow one of ours. We'll be gone tomorrow through late Sunday so you're welcome to borrow the truck if you need it (although it is in desperate need of an oil change right now). But know if you need transportation help we'd be happy to work something out! Love you and hope things get less stressful soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger