Wendy D. Smith

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I don't know what to think of this

I started teaching my IDV 002 courses today -- the two classes that I teach for MSU but through LCC (complicated, I know). The classes are held in a new extension center for LCC that is near MSU, but still a pretty good walk for students. I was all ready to teach at 10:10 when class was supposed to start, despite the fact that I still hadn't receive class lists and didn't know how many students I had. At 10:40 I had two students. So I gave them the syllabus and let them go. At 11:15, I had another student show up who had been given incorrect information and took a bus to the down town LCC campus. Poor kid. So I emailed my contact at MSU asking for a class list. Turns out for two classes I have a total of 10 students. Yes, 10. I have six in my 10 am class and 4 in my 12pm class -- in which only two showed up. So I'm going to sit here for a little while longer and see if anymore lost souls show up.

Wow--- how nice is it going to be to teach two classes with a total of 10 students. Grading is going to be so easy! I'm just not sure what to make of it.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow...it sounds like an ideal situation...especially for your students...lot's of individual help! I hope you have a wonderful semester! Lots of love...Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger