Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Summer's Over

Tomorrow officially starts fall. Well, at least for me. The fall semester begins for me tomorrow, but at least I get to start of easy with only teaching one class. It really kicks in on Monday when I'll teach 3 classes. I think by Monday I'll be pretty prepared.

Last weekend Joel and I went up to Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island. We had a great time despite the rain and 20 mph winds which kept us from parasailing. We played some miniature golf, ate fudge, took a carriage(wagon) tour of the Island, ate fudge, tasted some local wine, ate rock candy (my favorite) and enjoyed the whirlpool.

Stokley had a little vacation too. He stayed with some friends that have two black labs and they played all weekend long. He even got to go to a pool party and play with more dogs. Isn't he spoiled? But I'm glad he has so many puppy pals --- plus they tire him out a lot!

My brother and his wife found out they are moving to Houston, Texas next month. My brother is an electrical engineer, so his job moves him every 2-3 years. They're excited about the move even though its short notice. Tony starts on October 3! Woa! Only one month to pack and sell their condo and find a new home in Houston. We might be enjoying a warm, sunny Christmas this year.

I think that's about all the excitement that has been going on in my life lately. We're still waiting for Molly to have her baby. It could be anytime now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger