Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Searching For God Knows What

I just finished reading "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller, the "Blue like Jazz" guy. Wow! What a great book. I know some people couldn't get into this book, but I think anyone who struggles with their self-esteem or with God's love for them should read it. Miller takes a look at relationship aspect of Adam and Eve and the Fall. He talks about how before the Fall, Adam and Eve found their identity and worth in God. But now, after the fall we look for it in other places. Then at the end of the book, he takes a look at the story of Romeo and Juliet and the similarities between this story and Jesus' love story. It's a fairly fast read and definately worth you time! I'd be happy to lend out my copy if anyone wants to borrow it.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger T. Scott Allen said...

Came across your blog. Looks just like mine. I've been reading the Donald miller books as well. It's pretty engaging stuff. You read Blue Like Jazz? It's a good read as well. Just thought I'd drop a comment...by the way, my daughter's name is olivia as well. Small world. Good luck with her and learn to take mental snapshots througout the day. They start going by really fast.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Molly D said...

Hmmm...that guy thinks that Olivia is your daughter! :)

I've been reading Blue Like Jazz for the last couple of days and am really enjoying it...thanks for giving it to Myron! :) I'm hoping that I can get some of my book club gals to read it...I'd be interested to see what they think of it since they aren't believers.

You should read Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott sometime (you can borrow our copy)--it has a similar feel and theme, although Anne's a little bit nuttier. I think you'd like it though.

OK...enough with this long comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger