Wendy D. Smith

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Labor Day

Joel, Stokley and I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. On Saturday we were able to meet our new niece, Besty, who is a wonderful little girl, covered with lots of dark brown hair. Stokley spent some fun time playing with Gideon. On Sunday we went to my parents and had such a relaxing visit. They have a huge back porch that overlooks the golf course. We spent most of our time hanging out there watching the golfers go by. Stokley loved being outside all day -- not to mention that he got to play with my aunt's newfoundland and my cousins black lab. However, he did get stung by a bee on his tongue, so Joel had to perform surgery to get the stinger out. Stokley was really good and didn't swell at all! I haven't relaxed that much since our Mackinaw Island trip!

On the serious side, I realized that by taking on this fourth class, I'm working full time. Wow-- I've never worked full time before (as an adult). I think this semester is going to teach me a lot about priorities and how to say no to things (because I really don't have the time). It'll be interesting to see how I've changed at the end of this semester!

One last note --- if you know Tricia, please pray for her and her family. Her aunt who has been struggling with cancer passed away this morning. The funeral is on Monday in Tennessee. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging puts 48th soldiers in hot water
Soldiers in the 48th Brigade Combat Team have come under fire recently, and not for what they are doing on the dangerous roads of suburban Baghdad.
Check out my site at : first time buyer mortgage There's a lot of very interesting stuff on first time buyer mortgage that might just be what your looking for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger