Wendy D. Smith

Monday, September 12, 2005

Lots of Little Encouragement

The past few days have been full of little encouraging bits of life, so I thought I'd share them with you.

1. This weekend I was able to spend a lot of time planning for my classes. So besides writing a test, I'm good for the next two weeks (copies made and all!).

2. Saturday night RivKids was a sucess! We had forty kids who all seemed to really enjoy Kidmo, the vidoe series we're doing! (thanks Susan for all your hard work).

3. I talked with a mom of a fourth grade boy who came to riverview once this sunday. The boy was so impressed with the little postcard that we sent to him thanking him for his visit. He thought we were cool!

4. I heard tons of cool stories from parents about how their children sacrificed their earned money to give to the Hurricane Katrina relief instead of keeping it for themselves. How cool are are RivKids! I just love them.

5. I worked registration this Sunday for RivKids. Because I was standing at the front I was able to talk to several new MSU students who were at Riverview for their first time. It was cool to get to meet them because I usually don't have much contact with them.

6. Joel's dad has an interview for a job in Hastings, MI. We've been praying that he'd get a job up here so they could be close to both Molly & Myron and Joel & me.

So even though life is crazy teaching four classes and driving back and forth from LCC to MSU, God is doing some cool things. I'm just glad that I get to step back every so often and take a look at them!

Powered by Blogger