Wendy D. Smith

Monday, October 03, 2005

Murphy's Law

yeh, it still works.

Friday was the worst day I'd had in a long time. First, I went to work, mindlessly forgetting my whole school bag. So I walked into my classroom to teach without even a pen. I'd be so mad if my students did that! However my students were totally forgiving and had a fun chuckle with me about the whole situation.
Next, I taught at MSU only to realize that I had partially told student how to graph trig functions wrong. The way i told them work in many cases, but in one case it didn't. So I had to re-teach them 10 minutes before a quiz. Shoot! I think I confused them, so I felt really bad.
But thankfully it was payday. My check wasn't in my mailbox, so I thought I'd go pick it up from Payroll. I drove over there, circled the place for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot (most of the spots had been blocked off getting ready for the game on Saturday). Then I get up to payroll and find that they don't have my paycheck, the department does. So I travel back to my department and hunt down the checks. The wonderful lady to handed me my check says "I hope you're not disappointed with this, it seems a bit low." Yeah --- it was incorrect.
So now I've spent almost an hour hunting down a paycheck that is about half what it should be only to make me late and not have enough time to run home and let Stokley out before I had to be at a meeting at LCC until 7:30 on a Friday night!

I haven't felt so exhaughsted in such a long time!

Thankfully Saturday was much better --- I cleaned my house and spent some time with Stokley outside planting bulbs so we can have beautiful flowers next year!

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

I know how you feel...yesterday I was going out the front door with Betsy in my arms and the screen door slammed onto my ankle and cut it really deeply. Myron wasn't home so I had to call him on his cell and have him rush home because I was faint and bleeding and Betsy was screaming. I ended up with three stitches! Aggghhhh!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger