Wendy D. Smith

Monday, October 17, 2005

Philippians

I've really been enjoying the series on Philippians that Steve has been teaching on at Riverview. First, I love expository teaching. I get such a good picture of what the culture was like, what the people were doing, and what their relationships meant to each other. Second, it really helps me to learn how to study the Bible better myself. So often I just get stuck reading and not really pulling all the ideas together which causes me to miss out on a lot.

Blogging hasn't been to high on my priority list lately, so I apologize for the lack of posts. This is what's been going on in my life:

Last Monday I had one of my students threaten another student before I got to class -- that was a fun way to start my week.

Wednesday I gave my Trig students an exam that over 40 of them failed, some because they ran out of time.

Thursday Joel and I stayed up until 12:30 grading the tests. I wouldn't have gotten them done with his help. --- He was such an angel to help me! We also had a really good small group --- a great discussion about Joshua 1-8. Just think about it --- would you really march around a city seven times totally silent while carrying a pitcher and a rams horn? I'm sure people were probably throwing things at them. It'd be worse than the fight between the Pistons, Pacers and fans at the Palace of Alburn Hills.

Friday Joel and I went out on a date to Aldaco Mexican restaurant --- which was really good. Then we went and bought 8 shrubs and a few mums for our yard. I had fun planting them on Saturday.

And Sunday was the best day because I took a 2.5 hour nap while watching the Lions & Panthers game.

so that's my life. (Joel aren't you proud of me for all my sports references?)

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Joel said...

You betcha.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you still found time to tutor my kid ... thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger