Wendy D. Smith

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happiness and Sadness

This weekend/beginning of the week has brought much happiness and much sadness. The weekend was wonderful. My mom came up for the weekend. We went to a 3D IMAX movie on Life Under the Sea which was very interesting. Riverview's Easter service was great and we had 13 people over for Easter dinner (see Joel's blog for pictures).

But the sadness came on Monday night about 11pm when I got a call from my dad saying that my grandpa had died. He had spent the day mowing the lawn and had when back out to the shed to do a couple of things. When he didn't come back in, my grandma went out to look for him and found him laying in the grass. They rushed him to the hospital where the doctors worked on him for quite awhile, but he passed away. I haven't heard much more of the details, but I'm sure it had something to do with his heart.

The visitation is on Thursday and the funeral is on Friday.

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...I'm so sorry you've lost your grandpa! You and your family are in our prayers. We love you very much!

John and Karen

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger ShannaKay said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa!

Thinking about you guys and the family.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa, you are in my prayers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger