Wendy D. Smith

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I'm a bad mommy!

I realized yesterday that I am only supposed to be feeding Stokley one cup of food per day, but instead, I had been feeding him 1 cup three times a day! I was trying to make my puppy fat! What an aweful mommy! I was wondering why it took him forever to finish his food.

The crazy side of Stokley is starting to poke its evil head out. He's moving into the biting stage, but each episode usually only last about 15 minutes. He's also become a pretty good escape artist. Today when I came home from a meeting at church, I found him asleep in front of the door instead of in his kennel area downstairs. He figured out how to climb the gate or was able to jump over it. However, I didn't find anything chewwed or out of place in the house --- and he didn't relieve himself anywhere. I guess he just doesn't like to be locked up.

Today I bought Stokely a long leash and tied it around the big pine tree outside so he can start being outside more often with out us necessarily being out there.

On my way home from church today I stopped at Meijer and the cleaners. At both places I had nice conversations with people in line or at the checkout counter. I always like when I can converse with others when I'm out. I always hope that the little conversation or just a smile can make their day a little happier.

Well, I've left the dog alone for a while, so I better go check on him.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Molly D said...

I'm sure Stokely didn't think you were a bad mommy...he was full and happy! ;)

Don't worry too much about the biting thing. It's a normal puppy thing that they eventually get over. Just let him know when he bites too hard--usually just making a loud "OW" noise will do it. Gideon was really bad about that for awhile too but I'd actually forgotten all about it until I was with a puppy again. It's kind of like the stage kids go through when they put everything in their mouths. This too shall pass! :)

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger I am Z said...

congrats on the puppy! guess his addition means you will now have to change your profile 'INTEREST" topic to include him. :)

peace,
zayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger