Wendy D. Smith

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Craziness

My mom called me yesterday. She told me that they'd be bringing my dad's truck up for Easter. So I thought to myself "Why not bring the Blazer? Did you get into an accident?" No --- She had been shopping at a strip mall and came out of Bed Bath and Beyond only to wonder through the parking lot and not find her beloved Blazer. After wondering if she was losing her mind and had just forgotten where she parked, she decided that yes, someone had stolen it. She found a cop driving around and he helped her look for it for another few minutes and then they filled out a report.

If any of you know my mom, her blazer is her prize possession. Ever since I was little, her dream vehicle was a Chevy blazer. Finally when I was a sophomore in high school her dream came true --- she became the proud owner of what became know as "Linda's Dream", a blue Chevy Blazer. Because of her fond affection for this vehicle, even though it was 10 years old, it still looked quite new. So the money from the insurance company won't cover the actual worth of the vehicle --- not to mention that my mom is just heartbroken.

Hopefully they will find the vehicle somewhere downtown Gary with only the tires missing. Because if someone needed to steal a car, they probably don't have enough money to put gas in that thing! -- and my mom only left them with less than 1/4 of a tank. The blazer didn't even have a CD player in it.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is horrible! I feel so bad your mom lost her dream car! Hopefully they'll find it so she can have her baby back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger