Wendy D. Smith

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I think the neighbors are going to kill me

Today I went out to clean my new car some, since the dealership's detailing was less than to be desired. (I'll discuss that issue at another time.) I found out a lot of things about the alarm system in my car.

1. If you leave the car unlocked, even with a door open, after 30 seconds or so, the car automatically locks and the alarm is activated.

2. After number one has happened and you are in the car and move any of the seats or anything, the alarm goes off.

3. If the car is locked and the alarm is activated and you try to open the car from inside, the alarm goes off.

So, after I set the alarm off about a half of dozen times, Joel and I read the owner's book and found out that you need to put the key in and turn the ignition to ACC mode so the alarm won't go off. Also, if the battery is taken out, you have to put a security code into the stereo to get it to play.

These are all nice features, but when you don't know about them, it can be pretty frustrating. Hopefully none of the neighbors were too upset at me since it was 10 am. (I hope they were up, if not they are now!)

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...thanks for the chuckle...although it probably wasn't so funny at the time. Love ya...Karen

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, it was funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger