Wendy D. Smith

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Finally Tuesday is Over!

So here is how my day went yesterday:

I taught from 10-2 (not that bad).
I went to print something off the computer at work. Through many complications and really desiring to shout obscenities, 45 minutes later, I had my 11 page document. Then I had to wait for the really slow copier to make 20 copies. (I'm spoiled by the one at MSU -- it's super fast!)
On my way home, I decided to take the back way home to help me relax and unwind a bit. Not such a good idea. A car in front of me stopped to try and make a left turn. I was in the left lane and couldn't move to the right due to bus coming up behind me, so I also stopped. So did the young girl in the Jeep behind me. However, the older woman in the car behind her didn't. The next thing that I saw was the jeep spinning around behind me and ending up in a ditch while the other car spun to the other side of the road. I was almost hit! I hung around long enough to make sure no one was hurt then headed home. (there were lots of bystanders.)
So I get home, grab a bit to eat then head outside to finish mowing the lawn. But the lawn mower didn't really want to cooperate with me. It kept stalling --- perhaps since the grass was three feet long and a bit damp. After much toil, the grass was done. --- On to the trimming. We have an electric trimmer, which means wrestling a cord around the yard, which doesn't like to stay plugged in. But after about and hour of trimming, the end was in sight. Only about six feet left to go and .... Shoot! I ran out of string!

However, the night did end on a high note. About 10pm Joel and I saw a commercial for wings. So we decided to go ahead and ordered some. Yummy wings and breadsticks at 10:45 at night!!

But we all woke up happy this morning. Thank goodness for new days!

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you weren't injured in that accident! How scary! I love reading your blog posts...it's almost as good as talking to you! I can't wait to see you and Joel! Lots of love...Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger