Wendy D. Smith

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Thank goodness for little Puppies

ahhh....Joel and I just got home from my grandpa's funeral. Things went well. There was a good turn out at the viewing and for the funeral. It was nice to catch up with all of my family. The two sides of my family are pretty close, so it was nice to see everyone there.

My grandma is doing ok. She forgets things very easily and gets lots of things confused, but she's hanging in there. Thank goodness she has her little puppy Missie to keep her company. I'm not sure what she'd do without that dog. But it will be a long road for her to get back to life as normal. My grandpa took care of all the financial stuff and a lot of the physical stuff like vacuuming that was too difficult for her to do. So how she has to re-learn a lot and wait on other people to come over and do things for her.

This was the first time that I really wished that I lived closer to my family. My grandma can be pretty stubborn, but she listens to me pretty well. So I think my mom and aunts will be "hoping" that I can come down and help them out with her. My grandma and I pretty close, so I probably will be going home more often.

But the good news is that Tony is sending Jennifer and Olivia to stay with my mom until the end of May when they were planning to come up. So Jennifer and Olivia arrive on Sunday afternoon. My mom and dad are so excited about having Olivia at their side for a whole month! Hopefully I'll get to see her lots too!

I also need to publicly thank Joel for all his help with weekend. He helped me with a lot of jobs that everyone (including us) was too tired to do --- cooking, going to the grocery store, taking Gramma to pay bills. He was wonderful!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wendy...I'm so glad you've been able to spend time with your family...I'm sure it helped everyone to have you there...you're so thoughtful. It's great that your mom will have Jenny and Olivia to enjoy for awhile too! Can't wait to see you next weekend! Love...Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger